Saturday, March 3, 2012

BABY ELIJAH!!!

So... we had our baby!!  Woot!  For those that want the short story:  He was born Tuesday morning at 6:23am, 7 lbs 12 oz.  Healthy, happy, and TWO WEEKS EARLY!!  :)  His whole name is Elijah James Dustin, the girls  and Josh and I are ecstatic!

Longer story:  I have been having really high blood pressure, headaches, and swelling the last couple of weeks.  When I went to the grocery store on Monday I checked my blood pressure three times and it was in the 180s/100s, Josh said I better call the doctor.  I left a message for the nurse, not expecting much, but she called back and said I better go to the hospital right then.  I threw some bags together and grabbed some just in case phone numbers and it was a good thing, because my doctor decided to go ahead and induce me.  I was contracting anyways and she didn't want to take any chances.  I didn't argue... :)  

We don't really have anybody here that we know too well, but luckily I had put together an emergency list and Josh was able to find somewhere for the girls to stay that night.  Our cell phones would NOT work in triage, but I was able to get a hold of our Relief Society President from church and she helped me get in touch with the cute girl that I had talked to about possibly watching the girls!  :)  Everybody was so wonderful and willing to help out.  The girls were so excited at the prospect of unexpectedly having a 'new baby brother' and where totally fine with spending the night somewhere else.  Josh was able to go over and help put them in bed while I was getting situated at the hospital.  I had been stressing out for a whole month about how the kiddo arrangements would work out and it couldn't have been any better.  

I had an AWESOME nurse, MY doctor was on call, and I had the best anesthesiologist in the house!  :)  Labor and delivery went much better than it has before... MUCH BETTER!!  Nothing dreamy and wonderful, but not nightmarish and awful!  :)  Woohoo!!!!  He is so healthy and happy.  We think he looks mostly like Moira with some Madeline thrown in the mix.

My mom flew into town Tuesday morning and was able to stay with us until today.  She and Josh picked up the girls and everybody came over to meet baby Elijah at the hospital.  The girls were beyond thrilled!!  Lots of kisses and hugs!  :)  I came home Wednesday morning.  Life is good.  I am tired, but so, so good.  Here are a couple of pictures from the last week and a half.


Grandma came to visit just last week to introduce the girls to her new puppy.  I told her that I should just have the baby then.  We laughed a lot, because I never have babies early... we didn't know she'd be back SO SOON!!  :)

Here are grandma and Moira at the Pacific Science Center.

Moira and the centipede.

Me... 38 weeks prego!  :)  (See how high my blood pressure is...!?!)

Cute girls!

They loved showing grandma the cool museum.

Here is the first time Madeline held Elijah.  He isn't looking so hot right here, but he really is the cutest little boy I've ever seen.  :)

Moira was happy, happy, happy!!!  LOTS of love from her!

My visitors on Tuesday morning!  :)

This is my favorite picture from the hospital!  I love my man!

Awww... grandma!

So fun!

This was right, right after he was born... that's why I look so lovely!  :)

It was so fun to hold him right after he was born.  I've never had a baby healthy enough to meet them right away.  :)  I even cut his cord!  :)

Can you feel the love??

She wanted to make sure I knew I was loved too!!

Here I am explaining why his belly button looks so creepy!  

Elijah James!

Awwww!

Remember how I said I had a really cool nurse?  Well, she is a professional baker/caterer for really rich people on the side of being a nurse (and a welder).  She worked the next night and was bringing in treats because it was somebody's last day.  She made sure to bring me in some!  YES!!!  It was amazing!  I was really hungry for a midnight (and 2am and 4am) snack too so it was perfect!  :)

This is my baby one day old getting ready to go HOME!!  

HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :)

We have been so blessed!  Things have worked out so well for us!  He is doing really well!  We're all tired, but so happy.  Because my mom was here Josh only had to miss one day of work which was nice.  AND... did I mention that my mom totally potty trained Moira while she was here.  Yup!  We're not all the way there yet, but almost!  It's good, because I wasn't going to try and take on potty training for months and months down the road, but she was really ready.  Woot for Moira and Dora panties!  Woot for Grandma!  We will miss, miss, miss her- my house has never been so clean!!!  :)  

15 comments:

Stephani said...

Baby Elijah is so precious!! Congratulations - I am so glad everything went as smoothly as possible! We love him already and can't wait to meet him. I'm real jealous that I don't get to be there holding him :( So kiss him until he stinks - for me!! Love you all!!

Christi said...

AWWWWW Congrats Tifani!! So you only stayed 24 hours after he was born? That's awesome! I'm so glad he is here! How crazy! It was all that volleyball..I'm telling ya :) And yay for Moira!! Your mom is amazing...and so brave. haha! Congrats!!!!

Diana said...

He is adorable! Congratulations! I'm glad everything went so smoothly. Good luck with being a mom of 3. If anyone can do it, I know you can.

Kali said...

congratulations! he is seriously so adorable! i love love love him! i'm so happy for you guys! and your girls are still just the cutest. it was so good to see you and feel like i'm loved again! (even though we know the dog is loved more) can't wait to come back and see you for 10 whole days! love ya!!

Unknown said...

Yay- congrats. I am glad labor was easier this time and it went so smoothly. I am beyond pumped and only wish I could meet him. We send our love. Ps. awesome about Moira.

Katie said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so glad everything went well and he is a healthy baby! (And downright adorable!) Well done, friends. well done.

Tracy said...

He is SO adorable, and I agree with you about his looks, mostly Moira with a little of Madeline. He is just precious! I'm so glad that everything worked out for your girls, and that you and Elijah are happy and healthy. (AND.... you had your baby before Ann did, hehe)!!

I hope you get some rest so you're not so tired, but we all know how that goes. :) Oh, how I miss you and your sweet family!! Things are different without you (at church, volleyball, and everything else). Seattle is so blessed to have you!!

Cincy Mattingleys said...

We think he really does look like Moira. He is so skinny in his new baby pants. We just want to squeeze him. Julia said to tell Moira and Madeline we think they will be really good big sisters. Love you.

Cincy Mattingleys said...

We think he really does look like Moira. He is so skinny in his new baby pants. We just want to squeeze him. Julia said to tell Moira and Madeline we think they will be really good big sisters. Love you.

Julia and Aaron said...

So happy for you guys, Tifani! I always have trouble with my blood pressure near the end too. I'm glad Elijah is here safely!

Celeste said...

He's a cutie--fits right in with the rest of you! :) Congratulations!

Dacia said...

CONGRATS! Come back to Indiana I need to snuggle my girls and now Elijah too. He does look so like Moira. Kaitlyn and Alyssa had so much fun looking at the photos, and Alyssa was most excited about seeing Madeline! We love you!

Tiffany Alldredge Smith said...

Yeah!! Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you!! Things seem to be working out so well for you - I'm so glad! Keep the posts coming!

Amelia said...

Aw!!! This makes me so happy!!! Thanks for blogging the story. I am so glad things went so well for you and that you have a little one to snuggle!! Lucky you 2 weeks early!!! I hope that's my story...minus the headaches and SCARY high blood pressure?! 180s/100?? Tif! Glad you are okay! Love and miss you! Wish I could snuggle Elijah!

Clare said...

Such a sweet addition to your family! Congrats!