Wednesday, June 1, 2011

1K Fun Run!!


About a month ago we heard about a 1K fun run for kids. We were so excited and Madeline was ready, "To BEAT EVERYBODY!!" Well, we got to the race and things didn't quite work out as she had planned, but we had a wonderful time. Here are some of our pictures. (In ascending order... sorry about that!)

Here is Josh with the girls after the race... eating their power snack! :) Ha!

Best day of Moira's life!

Madeline did not like how loud the helicopter was, but she thought her medal was really awesome.
Every time we drive by this field Moira yells, "HELICOPTER!!"
As you will see in the pictures to follow, we did not start out this race so well... but here is when things started picking up. I am holding Moira as she states, "I'm TI-YAD!" (translation- I'm tired). We are starting to catch up to Madeline, but that made her go into super speed and we soon lost her!
Here's Madeline as she just begins to run.
Here we are towards the beginning of the race. Everybody is crying. We had to wait for every single kid to run out of sight before Madeline would start running. :) Heehee!
At the starting line
We saw some friends from church!
Here is Madeline with her hard-earned Tangled movie. She had to stay in her bed and not wake me up for many nights in a row (most of the time she just wakes me up to say a little prayer with her, which is cute once- not four or five times). We had a little chart that she got to put an X on in the mornings until she earned this prize. I am happy to report for now she is still staying in bed. :)

3 comments:

Stephani said...

Cute, cute runners - even if they are crying. Moira is so cute wearing her medal proudly!! You should be a proud mommy!! We love ya!

Unknown said...

These are the cutest runners ever! Next is a 3K...then half marathon...You started them early. Love the metals! Can't wait to see these cute muffins! Love ya!

Preston said...

CUTE!!! poor madeline! I remember when I would go into mom and dads room when I was little and say can I just sleep on your floor? ha ha oh the good ol days. Those are some pretty cute pics! Love you guys tons!!!