Sunday, June 12, 2011

FISHING!!!!!!

Josh uploaded all of these fun pictures for me! WOOT... thanks hon! Last weekend end we went to a free fishing for kids day at the park. They provided all the poles, bait, and lunch for us! Pretty sweet gig, eh? The girls had a wonderful time!

Madeline's favorite part was we let her keep one of the 'bean moths' (that's what we used as bait). She was scared of them at first, but miraculously held one (well lots) and then become fiercely attached to one. We thought that it couldn't possibly survive the car ride home, but it did and then some (plus 24 hours, but we're not sure how long he really lasted, because he got lost in our carpet!). :)

This is my favorite expression that we caught on the camera. Madeline looks really concerned. She should be... there was a hook sticking through the poor fish's eye.

Holding her friends. She would say, "Awww, it's ok! Are you happy?" She sounds a lot like, hmmm, me.

We took a lot of pictures of her holding them, because we couldn't believe it. Moira held one too, but she would pinch them so hard they would die.

Moira was only interested in catching one fish, but these are probably my favorite pictures from the whole day.

Pretty cute.

Helping her reel it in.

Madeline caught four fish, this was her first one.

Madeline's turn!

Josh was showing them how to put the bait on the hook, they were totally creeped out... this was before they developed their love for the little critters.

The bait cup.

Woot for fishing and woot for Josh for knowing how to fish. I wouldn't get near them. I have bad memories from when I was young... I cast out the pole and got the hook caught in my little sister's neck... would you fish again?? Yikes, sorry Juli!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ohhhh...My precious fishergirls! What an awesome dad that Josh is to bait hooks and take those girls fishing. You guys do such fun things with those cute muffers. They are real lucky!!! Memories of fishing is fun even if you hooked Juli. Those were the good ole days!! Madeline needs a real pet that she can love...not just a worm...that is pretty dang cute! Thanks for the awesome update! Love ya all!!!

Kali said...

Your girls couldn't get any cuter! They are seriously the cutest little girls! I can't believe Madeline held those little critters- that is absolutely disgusting! And I think its funny Moira would squish them!... I wouldn't fish if I were you either! But then again I wouldn't fish anyway. Cute pictures!! Love you!

Preston said...

Ha Ha I remember that day that you hooked juli and kept tugging and tugging wondering why it wouldnt cast! You poor thing... Those are some pretty dang cute pics! Is started laughing pretty dang hard when I saw that moira would just kill them ha ha. those two cute little kids are night and day. cute pics!

Tiffany Alldredge Smith said...

Yikes! I probably wouldn't fish again either! Do you know if they are doing another fishing day anytime soon? It looked like a lot of fun and we'd love to take our girls. Let me know - Thanks!